Application Deadline: April 1, 2017 (11:59PM)
Residency Dates: May 1 - December 31, 2017
***Limited spaces available!
About the Residency:
This pilot-program is an extended version of our other residencies, spanning from May 1 - December 31st. Additionally, residents receive a 10% discount on a semi-private studio at our Gowanus location (400 3rd Ave, Brooklyn) while getting additional support of advisory with Adrienne Tarver. It is aimed at helping artists find a foothold in the art world while they develop a new body of work as an Brooklyn Art Space Member. Residents are also given the opportunity to exhibit their work at Trestle. Participants receive all benefits of a Brooklyn Art Space Membership as well as monthly group advisory meetings which include critiques, guest speakers, and studio visits. By participating in this program artists take advantage of networking and community building opportunities in addition to having access to low-cost studio space. The residents give back to the community and get a peek into the administrative end of the art world by volunteering in the gallery or studio for three hours per month. All artists are invited to apply. Applications are accepted twice each year.
Who this residency is ideal for:
1. Artists developing a new body of work
2. Artists entering or re-entering the art world
3. Artists who have graduated with a BFA or MFA within the past two years (note: this residency is open to all artists, Bachelors/Masters degrees are not required).
*Please note: we do not provide housing*
After filling out application, click "Apply Now" and proceed to your cart to make payment. Email all additional information to email@example.com, being sure to follow all of the guidelines below.
- You may submit up to 8 works for consideration.
- Fill out Open Studio Residency application form by clicking "Apply Now" below
- Send us email including all additional materials to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following formatting:
- In the subject line of your email, use the following format: First & Last Name - Residency Title, ex: Alex Brown - Visiting Artist Residency
- Images must be in JPEG format, 1000 pixels on the longest side max
- CV and Artist Statement must be submitted in PDF Form
- Include your name in all files - ex: Lastname-Firstname-Untitled2.jpg, Lastname-Firstname-CV.pdf